This is a guest article by Dr. Rafael Moreno, ENT Physician and nose surgery specialist.
When you leave the healing facility or specialist’s surgical suite after your rhinoplasty, you won’t precisely be in the inclination to hurried to Walgreen’s or the book shop, so will need to have all that you require available for an agreeable recuperation.
Here’s a rundown of some stuff you ought to consider purchasing now: Continue reading
This is a guest article by Eyeklinik.
LASIK and different types of laser refractive surgery, for example, PRK and LASEK, all use an exceedingly particular excimer laser to reshape the cornea and fix refractive blunders including nearsightedness (myopia), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism.
Excimer lasers have upset the field of laser eye surgery. Furthermore, throughout the decades, propels in excimer laser innovation have expanded the security, viability and consistency of corneal refractive surgery.
Excimer lasers can evacuate, or “remove,” tiny measures of tissue from the cornea with a high level of exactness and without harming the encompassing corneal tissue.
There are a few excimer lasers that have been endorsed by the FDA for use in vision adjustment surgery performed in the United States, including:
- STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser System and iDesign Advanced WaveScan Studio System (Abbott Medical Optics)
- Allegretto WAVE Eye-Q Excimer Laser System (Alcon)
- TECHNOLAS 217Z Zyoptix System for Personalized Vision Correction (Bausch + Lomb)
- Nidek EC-5000 Excimer Laser System (Nidek)
- MEDITEC MEL 80 Excimer Laser System (Zeiss)
In spite of the fact that each of these lasers has its own interesting arrangement of components, research has demonstrated that all FDA-affirmed excimer laser deliver tantamount LASIK comes about.
Most specialists concur that your specialist’s expertise and encounter, and an exact assessment of whether you’re an appropriate LASIK applicant, are significantly more basic components influencing last LASIK results than unpretentious contrasts between excimer lasers. Continue reading
These are the most common supplies in urology, used by urologic surgeons.
- It is used for short term bladder catheterisation through urethera.
- Manufactured from non-toxic, non-irritant, medical grade PVC.
- Distal end is coned for non traumatic introduction with two lateral eyes for efficient and systematic drainage
- Proximal end is fitted with universal funnel shaped connector for extension & easy connection to the urine bag.
- Radio-opaque light green embedded stripe indicates accuracy in catheter positioning.
- Connectors are Color coded for easy identification of sizes.
- Catheter Length: 400mm.
- Sizes: FG 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21 , 22& 24.
- Disposable, Sterile Ready for use.
Trans Uretheral Resection Set (T.U.R set) / Y Junction Set
- Manufactured from non-toxic, medical grade, P.V.C
- Y shaped set for endoscopic irrigation during trans uretheral resection of prostate gland.
- Thumb operated clamps, help quick and smooth change of bottles.
- Proximal end fitted with flexible latex tubing for easy connection to Endoscope
- Disposable , Sterile ready for use
These are some of the most common medical disposables that you will find in a hospital.
Male / Female Luer Lock
- Universal 6% Luer Taper as per ISO 594 compatible with any standard product
- Dual end male / female luer lock.
- Made out of medical grade plastic.
- Individually packed in blister packing
- Disposable, sterile & pyrogenic free.
- Compressed latex injection membrane (Injection Stopper) for taking blood sample with the help of syringe & needle
- Individually packed in blister packing.
- Disposable, sterile & pyrogen free.
These are the most marketed products marketed withing hospital facilities, which are commonly used for anesthesia on a medial procedure.
Twin Bore Nasal Oxygen Set
- Twin Bore Nasal Oxygen Set is Manufactured from Soft, non toxic PVC.
- It is Non irritating in long term use
- Attachment system provides maximum freedom to the patient and leaves the patient’s mouth free for communication & nutrition.
- Soft funnel shape connector ensures easy connection to the Oxygen Supply Source
- Star Lumen tube ensures the supply of Oxygen even if tube is kinked accidentally.
- Smoothly finished & adjustable nasal tips for maximum comfort of the patient.
- Sizes : Adult & Pediatric
- Disposable, Sterile ready for use
- Light weight and non-irritant material reduces inflammation around tracheostomy.
- Soft flexible flange for easy fixation.
- Ensure accurate positioning of the tube in the trachea.
- Terminal end is suitable for 15 mm connector.
- Size : 4, 4.5, 5, 6, 7 , 7.5, 8 , 9, 10 MM.
- Disposable, Sterile ready for use.
- Sizes available : 00, 0 , 1 (Neonatal) 0,1,2,3,4 (Pediatric)